Sunday, September 28, 2014

Love and Punishment by Susan Mac Nicol















FROM DARKNESS

AND LIGHT

Someone is leaving a trail of bodies throughout London, and Detective Anthony Parglietto is determined to end the violence. Then he’ll return to the man he loves.
Tough, street-savvy, and used to dealing with lowlifes, Flynn Parker is the last person Anthony thinks he has to protect. Then the Bow-Tie Killer strikes close to home and the world turns upside down. Right is wrong, black is white, and a policeman might become a monster. But in the name of love, justice must be served. In the name of love, pain can be endured. In the name of love, a man can taste the very essence that defines him.






        This book grabbed me from the very first sentence. Not many books can do that, Susan Mac Nicol knows how to weave a story that ensnares the reader to the point they never want the book to end.

In the story there is mystery, intrigue, love, heartache, and yes FEAR. There are points in this book that scared the hell out of me, I actually had to turn off my NOOK and walk away. By the end I was emotionally exhausted, and completely satisfied. That is the way I like a book to end. 

I have said this before, and I am saying it again, there is nothing wrong with hot sex in a story but it can’t be the only thing in the story. Susan knows how to balance the steam with the actual story line. She is an author I highly recommend to anyone. I look forward to reading her next book.




















No comments:

Post a Comment