Tuesday, September 23, 2014

ILIA STONE BY RJ LOOM







BOE:    Today we Bitches are excited to have RJ Loom in the house! Hi RJ how are? Thank you so much for being here with us.

RJ LOOM:      Thank you so much for having me!

 BOE:      Could you tell us a little about your book, The Ilia Stone?

RJL:      The Ilia Stone is a journey of an ancient artifact around the world and throughout time. As well as a journey of self discovery. The story takes place in modern day with glimpses at the lives affected by the ancient artifact throughout history. It is the story of Nia Williams, a college student whose life has been turned upside down by one simple decision and her own curiosity. It’s a mix of romance, history, mythology and even has a bit of humor. Here is the official blurb…

Nia Williams could never have imagined the way her ordinary life would be turned upside down after the death of her grandfather. A chance find unwittingly has her discovering the truth of an ancient Greek myth, plunging her into a world where the legends she only read about in her history books become her reality. 

Plagued with a strange link to others’ past, she follows the path of an ancient artifact around the world and throughout time as it reveals its story to guide her to contain powers once thought lost to the rise of modern religion. 

Two men affected by the artifact vie for her allegiance; Gabriel, a man haunted by his own past, and smooth talking Viktor who wants Nia to embrace a life she never imagined. 

A love sacrificed… An impossible decision…

As lines blur between right and wrong, how much will Nia be willing to sacrifice?


BOE:     How long have you been writing, and what got you started? 

RJL:      I’ve been writing about 5 years. I joined a group of writers out of curiosity really and haven’t looked back. I discovered writing is a creative outlet I didn’t even realize I needed. 

BOE:     Do you normally stay within one particular genre?

RJL:      No, just like I don’t read one particular genre. I go where my imagination takes me.  That’s not to say that later on down the line I won’t decide my writing fits into one genre best. 

BOE:      Where do you find your inspiration? And what comes first for you, the characters, or the stop line?

RJL:       I find inspiration everywhere – in music, the news, conversations with people, pictures and even while driving. 

As far as what comes first, it’s a mix for me. With The Ilia Stone, the story came first but the characters took over. I’ve also had characters pop into my mind and thought that I would love to tell their story. As a reader I love well rounded characters. I think it can make or break a great story. So while writing, I try to make sure that not only is the story interesting, but so are the characters.

 BOE:     Do you have a favorite book/author?

RJL:       I’m an avid reader. So I have lots of favorite books and authors. I’m not sure I could pick just one.

 BOE:      Is there anything coming up in the future you would like to share? Upcoming books maybe? 

RJL:        Right now I’m working on the second book in The Ilia Stone trilogy. I’m also working on a New Adult romance and an anthology with some other great authors through Dead Bound Publishing. 

BOE:       Thank you so much for being here with us today, it has been so nice getting to know you. We hope you come by again soon

RJL:      Thanks again for having me!



                                                          Purchase Links




                                                                                About RJ Loom


       
R.J. Loom was born and raised along the shores of Lake Erie in Ohio, where she still resides with her husband, two teenage children and two spoiled dogs. She loves books, music, travel and anyone with a great sense of humor. When she’s not writing, she can be found with her nose in a book, looking for more books to add to her “to-be-read” pile or spending time with her family.





                                                          Keep Up with RJ Loom At:

Facebook


Twitter


Goodreads


1 comment: