Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Crimson Reign by JT Cheyanne and VL Moon




         What’s my favorite word? SPOILERS, and yes every time I say it I say it in my best River Song voice (shout out to my fellow Whovians!!).  Back to the subject at hand…

Synopsis:

        A pulse of light preceded the gift of life breathed into the coldest and darkest of souls. Bathed in the glow of celestial love and swathed in a blanket of black satin wings nestled a king among kings, a vampire born to destroy the decay threatening to eradicate the race he was destined to save.

      An angelic heart torn by yearning, suffering and pain throbbed to the rhythm of the life he created; a life prophesied in the scriptures by the Creator’s own hand. A vow of servitude given in blood sealed the fate of a Seraphim's heart and tied it eternally to the creation he craves, protects…loves. 

       Ancient treaties are lost and reborn, rising from the ashes as the Nephilim ravage the vampire race. The deviant desire that soared in Malachi Denali's blood threatens to bring Rome to its knees when Malachi's world, his soul and his heart are brutally shattered and torn apart. 

       Will purity born of an angel's love be enough to calm the savage mind of Malachi Denali? Or will Laziel be doomed to a life of purgatory for loving the life he was gifted to create…

        This is not a HEA, or even a HFN....Who knows what will happen to seal their fate...only time will tell. Vampires, angels, demons and wolves together with love, betrayal, sadness and yearning make up the ongoing story that is... 

The Crimson Nights Saga.



REVIEW:

I, like many others, have loved Lachi and Laz for a very long time. When I found out we were finally going to get to read their story I was thrilled! Then when I got my hands on Crimson Reign and I devoured it. Each word pulling me further and further into this world. From the moment the angel breathed life into Malachi, watching their relationship touched my heart for so many reasons. Several times this book brought me to tears; I actually had to stop and walk away in order to catch my breath. 

There is a lot going on in this story, but JT and VL write it so well I never felt overwhelmed. They effortlessly blend the many characters and story lines so that we the reader have no problem keeping up.

Let’s talk about just a few of the character’s for a moment; Darklon LOVE to hate this guy! Roman, I was sure at first I would chalk up right next to Darklon, but I was pleasantly surprised. There is the fallen Arial, tortured soul, whose story I can’t wait to dive into. Tobias, a wolf thrust into the vampire world, and the human Kimberly. She has been used as a pawn by those who seek the King’s downfall. Also in the book are Copi and Vischeral; two policemen in Alaska one of whom as a connection to the King’s past. 

But there was one character, one that I was so moved by; they broke my heart. There are a couple of scenes that really had me sobbing. I don’t want to say too much, that way those who haven’t read this book yet (So go read it NOW) won’t have it spoiled, but I was torn about them as well. I love this character, yet at the same time I almost felt as if I were betraying another by doing so. If you read the book you will understand.

Let me finish by saying JT and VL are two of my favorite author’s for a reason. They create such beauty with their words, move me, and have me fall in love with these characters till I feel I will burst waiting for the next book, hint hint Ladies,* Winks*


To keep up to date with JT Cheyanne and VL Moon at their website or on Facebook at VL Moon or JT Cheyanne


Buy this book at Amazon or All Romance 

2 comments:

  1. OMG we so love love our Sisterbitches. You know we are both working hard on book two as I speak...It's not going to get any easier, and ...There's a lot more to come! It's a beautiful thing living inside Laziel's head...He see's things so differently and looks upon everything with a form of innocent wonderment...That is until it comes to Lachi....Then all bets are off!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I think of Laz and Lachi...innocent isn't what comes to mind LOL I look forward to the next book, you both rock!!

      Delete